Research Investigation Overview and Plan
Introduction:
- Introduce that I will be reviewing the online media form YoutTube.
- Introduce that I will be focusing on the representation of women.
- Identify the reasons why I have chosen this to investigate and why I have chosen my texts.
Part One:
- Identify my understanding of what the representation of women in online media is.
- Begin to introduce theories and theorists.
- Quote from a range of sources and media experts commenting on the secondary sources and their relevance in my investigation.
- Introduce my primary text generally without much detail.
- Start to concentrate on primary texts. I should already have key examples from those texts that is best for my investigation area.
- Explain why I have chosen them.
- Analyse the texts in detail. Must select key points and features that illustrate my points.
- Relate my analysis to the research title.
- Use the secondary research discussed earlier in essay and apply it to my texts using the sources to support my analysis. May need to reintroduce relevant theories/theorists.
- Detail should include: filming techniques, camera angles, audio codes, portrayal of person, layout and design, language, visual codes, etc.
- Analyse the effect of the technique employed.
- Use analytical and media terminology and avoid description/narrative.
- Include quotations from secondary sources to reinforce my points.
- Round up the focus of my investigation again.
- What I have found out or proved in doing this research.
- Summaries your findings and relate it back to the original title.
No comments:
Post a Comment